Internet: The Vision of Users – 2019
CertiSur S.A. issues this report based on information from D’Alessio IROL survey, which was conducted with frequent Internet users.
1 October, 2019
Most significant conclusions:
- Internet access continues to rise, surpassing the barrier of 35 million people in Argentina, equivalent to 79% of the population. The smartphone collaborates in its use.
- In the current context of economic crisis, Internet consumption is the most resistant.
- Internet is a contribution to the quality of life: it helps to distract and forget everyday problems. They recognize the danger of being “addictive.”
- Greater access or information does not equal more credibility.
- More than 31 million people already buy online. The proportion of online buyers continues to be 90%, with Mercado Pago competing with classic cards as purchasing modalities.
- 9 de cada 10 usuarios encuentran algún beneficio en el proceso 9 out of 10 users find some benefit in the online purchase process, mainly due to the possibility of prior price comparison (75%) and payment with interest-free installments (40%).
- Today, 4 out of 10 choose to store sensitive information on devices, especially those with the highest purchasing power and those under the age of 45.
- Confidence in online transactions continues to be high: 71% feel secure when making them through the bank and 75%, when making purchases from the smartphone.
- More and more users mention knowing what the “data cloud” is.
- They take special care in the use of the Internet by their children. They indicate, on average, two measures: talking about the risks and reviewing the history.