Internet: The Vision of Users 2018
CertiSur issues this report based on the information that emerges from the survey specially hired to D’Alessio IROL and that was carried out during the third quarter of 2018 to frequent Internet users.
Most significant conclusions:
- Internet access continues to grow: it covers approximately 33 million people in Argentina (it represents 75% of the population).
- More than 30 million people already buy online, and their profile already exceeds the millennials. It is a virtuous circle: more buy = less fear.
- Banks have managed to gain the trust of their customers: 7 out of 10 feel safe moving money online through the bank.
- The users are clear about the “must be” about the safety measures to be taken but they concentrate on using the more traditional ones. But … do they?
- The ignorance of security tools generates most of the fears.
- Security is based on trust in the use of the traditional password, own experience and some institutional endorsement (for example Banks) with more sophisticated tools.
- The main responsibility for network security rests in the site. In second place the user.